| per delegate
| per day | contact us to arrange training at your location
This course refreshes delegates’ knowledge in assisting and moving people, and moving and handling objects; as well as refreshing knowledge of key elements of emergency first aid in social care.
Skills for Care recommend learning is refreshed for these subjects at least annually. The Resuscitation Council (UK) note that skills in subjects such as CPR training decay within 3 to 6 months after initial training.
Refresher training in these subjects will assist you in complying with the CQC Fundamental Standards (Safety) and the KLOEs Safe and Effective.
We recommend this course for anyone who has had previous face-to-face training in these subjects and needs to keep their knowledge refreshed. For employers, if you are not sure when your staff were last trained in these subjects or if their training was online we suggest booking them on our First Aid for Social Care and Assisting and Moving People and Objects first. This course would then be suitable as an annual refresher going forward.
This course constitutes 6 hours of Continuous Professional Development for entry onto your own CPD log.
- In this course, we recap all of the content from our full-day courses in Assisting and Moving People and Loads, and First Aid for Social Care. This is a fast-paced course that is not suitable for people who are new to care, or who have not previously attended practical training courses in these topics.
Assessment and Certification:
Our course teaches delegates how to recognize and what to do in emergency first aid situations particularly within social care environments, to learn about the choking algorithm, to be able to perform CPR and how to safely put someone in the recovery position. Additionally, we will refresh delegates’ knowledge on assisting and moving procedures and patient transfers, with safety and dignity at the core.
Most importantly delegates will leave the course with the confidence to take this learning into their job having practised using specialist equipment.
* If the course is conducted at your site we will bring the First Aid equipment required with us.
*Assisting and Moving courses conducted at your site will allow your staff to practice on your equipment.
- Domiciliary Home Care Workers
- Residential and Nursing Home Staff
- Home Help and Live In Carers
- Designated First Aiders at Work
- Auxiliary staff who move and handle objects
We limit courses held at our training academy to 18 delegates, to ensure everyone is given an opportunity to learn and practise.
You can book single delegates or larger groups to attend, depending on course availability.
- Delegates attending our Assisting and Moving and/or First Aid for Social Care courses should be capable of undertaking practical exercises during the training session
- All delegates should wear comfortable clothing with sensible shoes (no open-toed shoes)
- A good understanding of English is required for delegates to get the best out of our training courses
- Delegates will be issued with a certificate of attendance for our Skills for Care Endorsed training
- Light refreshments are provided for delegates attending training at TFC in Battle
- Delegates should bring their own lunch
Please contact us to find out more or to book this course at your location.