| per delegate
| per day | contact us to arrange training at your location
This core and mandatory course provides delegates working in Social Care with the training, knowledge and understanding of how to deal with First Aid emergencies. The course content covers most of the first aid emergencies that you might come across in Social Care, however, this course will also qualify your staff as a First Aider at Work, depending on your own workplace First Aid Hazard Assessment.
For employers, completion by your staff of this course will support completion of the Care Certificate (Standard 12 Basic Life Support) and meet the requirements of the CQC Fundamental Standards in Safety (KLOEs Safe and Effective) as well as fulfilling your legal obligations under the Workplace Health and Safety Regulations for First Aid at Work.
We recommend this course for anyone new to care and any experienced staff member new to your organisation. Additionally, this course will suit anyone in your team who you wish to become a First Aider at Work in your care setting.
- Consent in First Aid/DNAR/ReSPECT
- Burns and Scalds
- Deep Wound/Heavy Bleeds
- Heart Attack
- Cold and Heat Emergencies
- Choking (Adults and Children)
- Life Support
Assessment and Certification:
Our course teaches delegates how to recognize and what to do in emergency first aid situations particularly within social care environments, to learn about the choking algorithm, to be able to perform CPR and how to safely put someone in the recovery position. Most importantly delegates will leave the course with the confidence to take this learning into their job having practised using specialist equipment. *if the course is conducted at your site we will bring the equipment required with us.
Delegates will be taught in a practical, hands-on manner and assessed to ensure they have the required level of understanding of each element to ensure safe practices. Certificates are valid for 1 year after which we recommend our Assisting and Moving People with Emergency First Aid for Social Care Annual Refresher Course.
This course constitutes 6 hours of Continuous Professional Development for entry to your own CPD log
- Domiciliary Home Care Workers
- Residential and Nursing Home Staff
- Home Help and Live In Carers
- Designated First Aiders at Work
We limit courses held at our training academy to 18 delegates, to ensure everyone is given an opportunity to learn and practise.
You can book single delegates or larger groups to attend, depending on course availability.
- Delegates attending our Assisting and Moving and/or First Aid for Social Care courses should be capable of undertaking practical exercises during the training session
- All delegates should wear comfortable clothing with sensible shoes (no open-toed shoes)
- A good understanding of English is required for delegates to get the best out of our training courses
- Delegates will be issued with a certificate of attendance for our Skills for Care Endorsed training
- Light refreshments are provided for delegates attending training at TFC in Battle
- Delegates should bring their own lunch
Please contact us to find out more or to book this course at your location.