| per delegate
At your site
| per day | contact us to arrange training at your location
This essential course provides delegates working in Social Care with a full understanding of the Regulations around assisting and moving of people (manual handling), the workings of the spine and the importance of a good position. This 1-day course teaches delegates how to carry out assisting and moving procedures and transfers, with safety and dignity being at the core.
We have also included Moving and Handling of Objects in this course to ensure all of your staff including housekeepers, laundry assistants, kitchen staff and maintenance teams are trained in safe practices of lifting and carrying.
For employers, completion by your staff of this course will fulfil your legal obligation to comply with the Manual Handling Operations Regulations and CQC Fundamental Standards in Safety (KLOEs Safe and Effective).
We recommend this course for anyone new to care and any experienced staff member new to your organisation. Additionally, this course will suit anyone in your team who is required to move and handle objects in the workplace, particularly in a care setting.
Assessment and Certification:
Our course teaches delegates how to carry out moving and handling procedures and patient transfers, with safety and dignity at the core.
Most importantly delegates will leave the course with the confidence to take this learning into their job having practised using real equipment, working alone and in pairs, and give them first-hand experience of what it is like to be hoisted.
*courses conducted at your site will allow your staff to practice on your equipment.
Delegates will be taught in a practical, hands-on manner and assessed to ensure they have the required level of understanding of each element to ensure safe moving and handling practices. Certificates are valid for 1 year after which we recommend our Assisting and Moving People with Emergency First Aid for Social Care Annual Refresher Course.
This course constitutes 6 hours of Continuous Professional Development for entry on to your own CPD log
- The cost of poor moving and handling in the healthcare industry
- Legislation for manual handling
- Biomechanics & the spine
- Moving a load
- Assisting and Moving People
- Dementia and the impact on handling
- Risk Assessment
- People moving equipment
- Controversial and illegal techniques
- Domiciliary Home Care Workers
- Residential and Nursing Home Staff
- Home Help and Live In Carers
- Auxiliary staff who move and handle objects
We limit courses held at our training academy to 18 delegates, to ensure everyone is given an opportunity to learn and practise.
You can book single delegates or larger groups to attend, depending on course availability.
- Delegates attending our Assisting and Moving and/or First Aid for Social Care courses should be capable of undertaking practical exercises during the training session
- All delegates should wear comfortable clothing with sensible shoes (no open-toed shoes)
- A good understanding of English is required for delegates to get the best out of our training courses
- Delegates will be issued with a certificate of attendance for our Skills for Care Endorsed training
- Light refreshments are provided for delegates attending training at TFC in Battle
- Delegates should bring their own lunch
Please contact us to find out more or to book this course at your location.