| per delegate
| per day | contact us to arrange training at your location
This course covers the core and mandatory training for social care staff that should be refreshed annually (except for Assisting and Moving and Emergency First Aid which can be booked separately).
Annual refresher training in these subjects is the gold standard in social care and is advised by Skills for Care. Training in these subjects can be linked directly back to the Care Quality Commission KLOEs of Safe, Effective, Caring, Well-Led and Responsive.
- Fire Safety
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Food Safety
- Medication Management
- Safeguarding Adults
- Safeguarding Children
- Positive Behaviour Support and Non-Restrictive Practices
- Consent and Confidentiality
- Recording and Reporting
Assessment and Certification:
Through learning and discussing and with some exercises to reinforce learning, delegates will leave the course with an understanding of how to promote fire safety in the work setting, to be able to meet safety requirements when preparing and serving food and drink for individuals, to understand the importance of prevention and control of infections, to understand the procedures and techniques for administration of medication, how to recognise and respond to types of abuse and how to support people who may have behaviours that challenge. Certificates are valid for 1 year.
This course constitutes 6 hours of Continuous Professional Development for entry to your own CPD log
- Domiciliary Home Care Workers
- Residential and Nursing Home Staff
- Home Help and Live In Carers
We limit courses held at our training academy to 18 delegates, to ensure everyone is given an opportunity to learn and practise.
You can book single delegates or larger groups to attend, depending on course availability.
- A good understanding of English is required for delegates to get the best out of our training courses
- Delegates will be issued with a certificate of attendance for our Skills for Care Endorsed training
- Light refreshments are provided for delegates attending training at TFC in Battle
- Delegates should bring their own lunch
Please contact us to find out more or to book this course at your location.